Dr. Tony Joseph
- MBBS: 2000 to 2005 at Government Medical College, Kottayam, Kerala (Mahatma Gandhi University)
- Compulsory Residential Rotatory Internship(CRRI) : September 2005- September 2006 at Government Medical College, Kottayam, Kerala
- MD (General Medicine): May 2008 to April 2011. Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore (Manipal University)
- DM (Medical Gastroenterology) : From August 2012 to July 2015, at Department of Medical Gastroenterology, Government Medical College, Thiruvananthpuram, Kerala. (Kerala University Of Health Science)
- Senior Lecturer , Sep 2015 – March 2016, Department of Medical Gastroenterology, Government medical College, Kottayam
- Endosonographic Training – January 2016, Digestive Center, M.D Anderson Cancer Centre, University of Texas, Houston, US under Dr Manoop Bhutani
Dr. Tony Joseph is a highly motivated new generation of gastroenterologist with increased enthusiasm for seeding innovation in the field of therapeutic endoscopy. An alumnus of Government Medical college, Kottayam and Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, he also enjoys the legacy of having completed his sub-specialisation in gastroenterology from one of the pioneer gastroenterology training centres in India, the prestigious GI department of Government Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram. He has authored several academic publications in national and international peer reviewed journals, national conferences and is a regular reviewer of three international peer reviewed gastroenterology journals. He further went on to improve his dexterity and credentials in advanced endoscopy and has attended various national workshops and visited international centres including the Digestive Centre at MD Anderson Cancer Centre, Houston, TX, U.S where he had mentoring relationship with stalwarts like Prof. Manoop S. Bhutani and Prof. Jeffrey H. Lee. His areas of interest are cirrhosis and portal hypertension, biliary and pancreatic diseases, inflammatory bowel diseases. He also has special interest in the field of diagnostic and therapeutic advanced endoscopy. He believes in patient oriented care and their satisfaction are of paramount importance and also utilising knowledge of evidence based medicine along with application of clinical skill with best of affordable technology.