Dr. Philip Augustine
- CHAIRMAN PHILIP AUGUSTINE ASSOCIATES PVT. LTD.
- DIRECTOR - GASTROENTEROLOGY ,COCHIN GASTROENTEROLOGY GROUP
ERNAKULAM MEDICAL CENTRE
Dr. Philip Augustine, a winner of Olympus Mitra Endoscopy Award, is one of the best known Gastroenterologists of the country and a leading expert in pancreatic diseases. He is a pioneer in therapeutic endoscopy in India and was one of the first to establish therapeutic pancreatobiliary endoscopy in the country. He organized one of the best known medico-surgical gastroenterology units in the country which has done pioneering work in tropical pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer. As an eminent healthcare administrator, he set up the prestigious corporate hospital like Lakeshore Hospital, Kochi. A member of the ICMR panel of experts in Pancreatology, he was the President of the Indian Pancreas Club. He is also credited with the first authentic report of existence of Crohn’s Diseases in India in 1995. He was conferred with Padma Shri Award in the year 2010 for his contribution to the healthcare sector.
- 1971-MBBS Kottayam MedicalCollege, Kerala University.
- 1975-MD (Medicine) All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- 1982-DM (Gastroenterology) Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigar
- Winner of several medals in MBBS & MD.
- Olympus-Mitra Endoscopy Award, Indian Society of Gastroenterology 1994.
- Dr. P.A. Alexander Memorial Oration Award, IMA Academy of Medical Specialities, 1997.
- Dr. V.C. Mathew Roy Memorial Oration Award, Association of Physicians of India, 2001.
- Padma Shri Award in the year 2010 for his contribution to Healthcare sector.
- Won Outstanding Entrepreneurship Award–2011 constituted by Kerala State Industrial Development Corporation (KSIDC)
- Won The George Thomas Kottukapally Award 2012 constituted by The George Thomas Kottukapally Memorial Trust given to an outstanding Business Personality.
- Entrepreneur of the year 2012 Award Constituted by Berchmans Institute of Management Studies, Changanassery.
- Received K3A Business Excellence Award 2015 constituted by Kerala Advertising Agencies Association.
- ISG Kerala Chapter Annual Oration Award 2015 – Delivered Oration on “Crohn’s Disease in Kerala – a 20 year experience” at ISG Kerala Chapter Annual Conference held on 18th and 19th of April, 2015 at Kovalam.
- Conducted an International Conference on Technology Update in Gastroenterology and Allied Sciences named “LIGHT Update-2015”, first of a series of biennial Technology Update Conference held at Kochi Marriott Hotel, Kochi on 25th & 26th April, 2015
Specialists Training in:
- Advanced ERCP from : Wisconsin Medical College, Milwaukee, U.S.A (1984)
- Eppendorf University Hospital, Hamburg, Germany (1987)
- Laser Endoscopy : Ulm University, Germany (1992)
- Interventional Hepatology : Hospital Boujohn Clichy, France (1990)
- Pancreatitis Research : University of Mascilles, France (1987)
- Over 50 scientific publications in national and international journals.
- Chapters on pancreatitis in textbooks of medicine.
- Editor “Inflammatory Bowel Disease” ECAB, Elsevier India 2008
- Diseases of Pancreas by Dr. Philip Augustine and Dr. Cyriac Abby Philips published by Kontentworx, New Delhi 2015
- Chronic Liver Disease & Portal Hypertension | Chronic Pancreatitis | Pancreatic Cancer | Diabetes | Therapeutic Endoscopy and Inflammatory Bowel Disease | Hospital Administration and Management.